- Fruit fillings make a move in fresher cakes
A little water migration is just enough to keep dryness at bay.
- Bring on the egg alternatives for cakes
Shell-shocked by the rising price of eggs? We try out partial replacement with vegetable protein.
- Fitter fats whip up a cake margarine
Saturated fats solved the trans fat issue. Now consumers want to get rid of the sats. Here’s what you should be talking to your margarine supplier about.
- Long live the icing in the cake
Extend the shelf life of your cake, and you need a filling with a shelf life to match. Here’s how to hurdle the challenges and enjoy the opportunities.
- Making lighter work of sponge cake
Not just any emulsifier will perform in a low-fat cake recipe. We explore how to achieve the best functionality with minimum effort.
- Indulgent cakes in healthier portions
Technically there’s nothing to stop us making cakes healthier. The nagging question is: will consumers buy them?
- What do consumers say about cakes?
DuPont Nutrition & Health asked Lindberg International to survey consumer cake preferences in five European countries.
- Video: Cake margarine cuts the saturates
See how we can make your cake healthier and better in this video from our lab in Brabrand.
- Egg prices on the up and down
Prices have fallen back, but egg reduction in cakes may still be a cost-saving option.
- Liquid margarine – the new carrier for enzymes?
The work to develop a liquid alternative to block cake margarine is primarily about reducing the content of unhealthy saturated fats. But, as we mention in the film, liquid cake margarine brings a series of opportunities to optimize cake processing – not least by serving as a carrier of softness solutions.
- Beating the snag with reduced chocolate fillings
A high pH is a processing hurdle. We test a solution based on synergistic stabilisers.
- An affordable price tag for quality fillings
Quality demands for filled cakes may be on the way up in Eastern Europe – but not at any price.
- A fresher feeling for long-life cakes
Dry, crumbly cakes could soon be a thing of the past according to our tests with enzymes for improved shelf-life quality.